“We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”
So here’s two things you don’t know you don’t know… Skyway West can create your own private Internet network across multiple sites for $30 per month per site. That doesn’t include the base cost of the media (Fibre, ADSL, Cable etc.) It’s the fee we charge for building and supporting a private WAN.
Last Sunday afternoon, I drove my friend John from Maple Ridge Hospital to Burnaby Hospital for a medical procedure (minor mishap, some stitches, he’s fine). The drive was 40 minutes. Monday morning I drove back to pick him up, rush hour, heavy traffic, the same drive was 75 minutes.
Now imagine how long either drive would take me if I was on a private highway with no other traffic on it.
Our private MetaLAN offers a lot of things:
- Privacy and security.
- Less congestion.
- A single network firewall (maintained by us) replaces multiple perimeter firewalls (maintained by you).
- Denial of Service attacks are blocked.
- Lower overhead (VPN’s are not required between points).
- Traffic management reports for each site.
- Greater visibility: LAN techs can see individual network devices for easier access and maintenance.
- Co-locating a Web or FTP server at our core on the same private network may also be beneficial.
Private networking at this level is its own niche speciality, and most ISP’s do not offer it.
The second thing (you don’t know you don’t know) is that while medical Doctors freely refer people to specialists, professional technical support people are not known for their referral skills.
If you’re interested, you might want to call us directly. If you have multiple sites, it could make a lot of sense.